Here are 5 main reasons we teach women's self-defense.
- Violence against women remains a very serious and widespread problem - locally and globally. Women are targeted more often than men.
- Assaults against women are a specific problem that requires the focused approach of a specialized class.
- Some women prefer to learn in a women-only environment.
- Women-only classes can be a nice introduction to self-defense and lead to participation in mixed gender groups.
- A comprehensive self-defense program that develops awareness, confidence and effective techniques can help women avoid, prevent, escape, and survive assaults.
At some point, we suggest, it is beneficial to train with men - at least periodically - to adapt to the generally larger size and to develop more confidence. This is not something we push but something we encourage - when you are ready.
We are now offering ongoing women's self-defense classes on Saturdays 11:45 am to 1 pm at our new location, 2156 Yonge St. (just south of Eglinton). Visit us for a free class!
Lead Instructor, International Krav Maga Federation, Toronto